Pet Surgery in Muncie, IN
Spaying, neutering, mass removal—whatever kind of surgery your pet needs, our team has the skills and equipment to provide it. And more important, we have the ability to perform surgeries under the safest possible conditions. We leave nothing to chance where your pet’s health is concerned; as an AAHA-accredited hospital, we follow the most up-to-date guidelines for anesthesia, monitoring, and pain management. At Care Animal Hospital, you can always be assured of your pet’s safety and well-being when they’re with us.
Safety Guidelines We Follow
Preparing pets for surgery can be a more complex process than the surgery itself—and for good reason. Safety is paramount! AAHA’s up-to-date anesthesia and surgery guidelines ensure that we take a thorough, tailored approach to your pet’s care before, during, and after their procedure.
- First, we examine your pet and run blood work to evaluate their health and organ function. This also helps us develop an anesthesia protocol that is tailored to your pet’s needs.
- For anxious pets, we can administer a calming injection prior to anesthesia.
- We recommend an IV catheter for all pets so that if needed, we can administer additional medications and pain relief quickly.
- Every pet is monitored by a technician and cutting-edge equipment that records heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygen levels, and more.
- During surgery, it is natural for the body temperature to drop. To eliminate the risk of hypothermia, we use warm blankets and other safe methods to maintain a healthy temperature in your pet.
Pet Surgical Services We Offer
How can we improve your pet’s health with surgery? Here are some of the procedures we regularly perform:
- Spays and neuters
- Mass removals
- Skin growth removals
- Exploratory surgery
- Gastropexy (for the treatment of bloat in dogs)
- Wound repairs
- Bladder stone removal
- …and more
Contact Care Animal Hospital
To inquire about other pet surgeries our doctors perform, just give us a call at 765-284-3000.