Cat and Dog Teeth Cleaning in Muncie, IN
An excellent way to keep your pet healthy is to take an active role in managing their dental hygiene. Dental care is extremely important for pets—they eat, groom themselves, and use their mouth to explore their environment, so good oral health is essential to their quality of life.
At Care Animal Hospital, we can help you understand the signs of dental disease and show you how to properly care for your pet’s teeth and gums.
How Do I Know If My Pet Needs Dental Care?
All dogs and cats benefit from routine pet dental care. If their teeth are not brushed daily or cleaned professionally on a yearly basis, they can develop oral infections by 3 years of age. Some signs that indicate declining oral health include:
- Bad breath
- Gums that appear red and swollen
- Yellow/brown teeth
- Heavy drooling
- Difficulty holding onto food while eating
- Pawing at the mouth
- Changes in behavior and activity level
Professional Cat & Dog Teeth Cleanings in Muncie
Scheduling routine, in-hospital teeth cleanings for your pet goes a long way towards protecting their teeth, gums, and overall health. At Care Animal Hospital, we adhere to AAHA guidelines and provide the following pet dental care services:
- An oral exam, where we check your pet for:
- A correct bite
- Tartar and calculus buildup
- Any tooth fractures
- Damaged enamel
- If we discover tartar formation on your pet’s teeth and gums, we will likely recommend a thorough cleaning. Tartar secretes bacteria into the mouth, which can also get under the gum line and cause infection not only in the mouth, but in the major organs as well.
- Dental extractions to remove painful decayed or broken teeth. Pets often feel much more comfortable after having one or more damaged teeth removed, and will be much healthier, too.